Join Mondher on his slideshow of Iran
Yes, Beautiful People, it’s officially Spring. Or as the Persians among us would say “Happy Nowruz!”
In case you didn’t know, The UN’s General Assembly in 2010 recognized the International Day of Nowruz, describing it a spring festival of Persian origin which has been celebrated for over 3,000 years. During the meeting of The Inter-governmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Heritage of the United Nations, held 28 September–2 October 2009 in Abu Dhabi, Nowrūz was officially registered on the UNESCO List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
AIGA XCD is choosing to celebrate another beautiful chapter in humanity’s journey with a slideshow of Mondher’s 2009 trip to Iran and the Caucasus. Click here to view the slideshow. Mondher is an engineer and amateur photographer with a passion for living at the crossroads of cultures.
Enjoy! Or as Shervin would say:
“I wish you a colorful spring as crisp as the morning dew.”
- Sebastian Guerrini: The Social and Political Life of Images
- Stefan G. Bucher: The Monsters Made Me Do It
- Juxtaposing Cultural Identity with Progress: Mokena Makeka on “Humility Design”
- Harry Pearce’s Schizophrenic Road
- Ronald Shakespear shares his Green Wayfinding Dream
- AIGA XCD Recycles!
- It’s Springtime! New Beginnings!
- ACCESS-ABILITY Conference: Graphic Design for a More Accessible World
- Dan Formosa, Designing for Humans: the Museum Question
- Design Indaba!